Thursday, June 22, 2006

Minimum Wage Map by State... What A Surprise!

With no increase in the minimum wage again this year, it's up to the states to try to help provide workers with liveable salaries. So I decided to take a look at what the U.S. Department of Labor says about minimum wage laws across the country. They provide this helpful map (click for larger image):



Gee, I thought, that looks kinda familiar almost. What would happen if I change around the color choices a little? (again, click for larger image. note: updated to reflect more recently passed Michigan and Arkansas minimum wage laws)


Ah! Now I know where I've seen that before!

Not quite identical mind you, but eerily similar:




x-posted to dailyKos

1 Comments:

Blogger Servant said...

Heyya redlami. dailykos::servantsavant
been here a couple of times to check our your Geekiness, and you are definitely the King of the Geeks. I bow to you!

I have been interested in data visualization since Purple America came out. I took a class in Business Objects a couple of years ago and saw limitless possibilities for Edward Tufte quality graphics. But alas is was one of those mirage deals.

Getting the data isn't that easy and setting it up to produce meaningful 3D art work looks hard as hell.

Surely you must have a FAQ for wanna-be Geeks where you publish the incantations. No? Can you explain Magic Missile? I'll be checkin back.

:D

Later. See you in the Kos wars.

7/06/2006 5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home